We are excited to announce some great showcase opportunities for local artists for Summer & Fall 2015! Please check-out the details below and make-sure to get your submissions in! If you know of anyone who would be perfect for any of these opportunities please share this info with them!
Art Soiree’s goal is to discover, support and promote talented contemporary artists, by providing them unique and exciting opportunities to exhibit their work and showcase their talent to a wider audience, gaining local, national and international recognition.
TERRACE RENDEZ-VOUS CONCERT SERIES (SUMMER 2015) – This year we’ve partnered with Sofitel DC to host our annual summer concert series featuring local performance artists. This is a perfect platform for local up and coming as well as established musicians, bands and singers to take stage and showcase themselves to a wider audience. The concert series is running through the end of June.
- Open to trios and quartets of all music genres. Each show attracts between 150-200 attendees.
- For submissions please email us your portfolio (short bio, photo for promotion, samples of music, website/social media links) to email@example.com with subject line TERRACE RENDEZVOUS
FETE DE LA MUSIQUE (JUNE 20, 2015) – For the second year in a row Art Soiree is partnering with Sofitel DC on a summer music festival inspired by France’s Fête de la Musique, also known as World Music Day. Musicians, music enthusiasts, artists, food lovers, locals and guests of town alike are invited for this ultimate musical experience, filling the city with an outpouring of rhythm and sound. This year the event will take place from 6pm until 12am taking over the Ballroom, Le Bar and the outdoor Terrace of the Sofitel DC. Bands, singers, DJs, live performers and musicians of all genre are invited to participate in this all night music experience.
- Open to all music genres. Submissions are due by May 29th! For photos from last year please visit – https://goo.gl/stzqM4
- For submissions please email us your portfolio (short bio, photo for promotion, samples of music, website/social media links) to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line FETE DE LA MUSIQUE
ARTISTIC FUSION SERIES (JUNE 2015) – We are excited to announce that we will host 4 weeks of artistic fusion series starting June 6, 2015. The series will run every Saturday and will consist of unique weekly shows presenting a true fusion of live art and coming together of many styles under one roof. Artists of different genres are invited to create new art works through live collaborations and showcase their work in front of invited audiences throughout the creative process.
- Genres: Live Painting, Video Art Installations, DJs, etc. Each show attracts between 150-250 attendees.
- For submissions please email portfolio (bio, images of sample works, website) to email@example.com with subject line ART FUSION
INTERNATIONAL MUSIC FESTIVAL (JULY – TBA) – Calling musicians, bands, singers, DJs and performance artists of different genres and music background to participate in the first annual International Music Festival. This will be a weekend long event taking place mid-July. Exact dates will be announced by June 1st. Artists will be a given a slot of 45mins-90mins to perform.
- Submissions are due by June 14th!
- For submissions please email us your portfolio (short bio, photo for promotion, samples of music, website/social media links) to firstname.lastname@example.org
ART ALL NIGHT: NUIT BLANCHE DC AT NORTH CAPITOL (SEPTEMBER 26, 2015) – This year marks the fifth anniversary of the Art All Night, an all night Nuit Blanche inspired festival, that has been taking over DC every September since 2011. Since its inception in 2011, Art Soiree has been the festival’s first cultural partner and one of the founding members, curating the most unique experiences every year of the festival. In 2011 we put the WonderBreadFactory on the cultural map, and in 2013 we made it the crown jewel of the Shaw. In 2014 we brought a new neighborhood experience – North Capitol DC – to now a citywide Art All Night DC festival. And this year we are taking the North Capitol to a whole new level. If you are interested in helping us make history, create something artistically new and unique then make sure to send us your submissions!
- Submissions are due August 5th, 2015 – email@example.com – late submissions will be considered on a case by case basis, however, do not guarantee availability of space.
- Locations: 3 outdoor lots (Lot #1 – 15 Florida Ave NW, Lot #2 – Florida & Q Street NW, 1518 North Capitol Street NW); several indoor spaces – locations TBD
- Photos from last year: https://goo.gl/bi9XwF
- Submissions are welcomed from artists and organizations/collectives/groups to participate in Art All Night at North Capitol in a variety of disciplines, including but not limited to: visual art, music, theatre, dance, performance art, DJs, video, digital, interactive and sound art. Family friendly proposals are also welcome. Artists will be allowed to sell their works at the event. Financial stipends may be available based on the artist’s budget and size of project.
- Additionally, applicants may propose to design, install and operate a special lighting projection.
- *Art All Night: Nuit Blanche DC is an all-night exploration and celebration of the arts, encompassing five of DC’s most vibrant neighborhoods: Congress Heights, Dupont Circle, North Capitol, Shaw and H Street NE. The festival is produced by the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities (DCCAH) in partnership with the DC Main Streets Program, with founder and artistic director Ariana Austin.
FINE ART SERIES (FALL 2015-WINTER 2016) – The goal behind the Fine Art Series is to provide up and coming artists with a unique opportunity for a solo show. The new series will commence September 2015, for those interested in being considered for solo exhibit as part of FINE ART SERIES please submit your information by July 15th! Please note that you have to have at least 20 medium size pieces (15 large pieces) ready to exhibit. Contact for any additional details.
- This is our Fall/Winter series that runs every Friday at the Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown – 3100 South Street NW, Washington D.C., and consists of weekly one night exclusive solo exhibitions aimed to present the latest collections by fine artists of different mediums.
- Mediums: photography, painting, printing, sculpture, etc. Each show attracts between 300 to 800 attendees.
- For submissions please email us your portfolio (brief bio, artist statement, 3-4 images of your work, profile photo for promotion, website/social media links) to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line Fine Art Series