ARTIST CALL – ART NIGHT: MADE IN DC 2016
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Tuesday, July 5th, 2016
SUBMIT HERE: http://artsoiree.com/artcall/
EVENT DATE & TIME: Saturday, September 24th | 7pm-3am
LOCATION: TBA – North Capitol & Shaw Neighborhoods
THEME: MADE IN DC
***PARTICIPATION IS FREE***
***ARTIST STIPENDS are available and will be awarded based on the project proposal and event budget***
Washington, DC based Artists, Artisans, Collectives, Performers, and Creative Folks of all disciplines are invited to showcase their work, talents and projects on Saturday, September 24th 2016 from 7pm-3am with Art Soiree for the annual Art Night: Made in DC festival.
Art Night: Made in DC, formerly Art All Night, is Washington, DC’s free overnight arts festival. Since its inception in 2011, Art Soiree has been the festival’s first cultural partner and one of the founding members, curating the most unique experiences every year of the festival. In 2011 we put the WonderBreadFactory on the cultural map, and in 2013 we made it the crown jewel of the Shaw neighborhood. In 2014 and 2015 we curated a new neighborhood experience together with North Capitol Main Streets- North Capitol DC – helping extend the Art All Night DC festival to new parts of the city. We are excited to be a part of the festival again this year! If you are interested in helping us make history, create something artistically new and unique then make sure to send us your submissions!
- Submissions are due July 5, 2016 – – late submissions will be considered on a case by case basis, however, do not guarantee availability of space.
- Locations: TBA – North Capitol & Shaw Neighborhoods
- Guidelines: Submissions are welcomed from artists, artisans and organizations/collectives/groups in a variety of disciplines, including but not limited to: visual art (live painting, body painting) music (singers, dancers, bands, musicians), theatre, dance, performance art, DJs, video, digital, interactive and sound art. Artist stipends may be available based on the project proposal and budget.
- Criteria: Make commitment required to bring the project to fruition including personnel, technical assistance and materials. Commit to the project being available and free to the public from 9/24/2016 7pm until 9/25/2016 3am.
- Benefits: Showcase your work with other talented artists at one of the largest pop-up art events due to take place during the annual Art Night: Made in DC festival, where up to 30,000 visitors are expected during the night.
- Photos from past years: https://goo.gl/bi9XwF
- Video from past years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRTOH9rkEfM
*Art Night: Made in DC, formerly Art All Night, is Washington, DC’s free overnight arts festival, taking place from7:00 PM on Saturday, September 24, 2016 until 3:00 AM the following morning. The festival will take place in seven DC Main Streets neighborhoods, bringing all types of visual and performing arts to indoor and outdoor public and private spaces, including businesses. This year, only District of Columbia artists and collectives will participate, in celebration of the Made in DC initiative. The festival is presented by the Department of Small and Local Business Development in partnership with Destination Congress Heights, Historic Dupont Circle Main Streets, H Street Main Street, North Capitol Street Main Street, Shaw Main Streets, Tenleytown Main Street and Van Ness Main Streets, with support from the DC Commission on the Arts & Humanities.